TRAFFIC MANAGER – SWAN HILL – 3SH and MIXX FM
The Traffic Manager’s purpose is to accurately schedule commercial airtime and radio station promotions. Using the Company’s online computerised Advertising Traffic Control system.
The Traffic Manager is expected to work closely with colleagues in sales marketing, sponsorship, promotions, events, publicity and programming. They must ensure that the radio station offers an efficient service, handling bookings, communicating availability to the Sales Team, and ensuring that all commercial activity is delivered to the satisfaction of clients and agencies. The Traffic Manager is also responsible for monitoring that broadcast material complies with regulations and industry codes as required by the Company and that it meets the station's audio quality guidelines. The work is office–based at the Company’s local studios and offices. The Traffic Manager must have the ability to prioritise work to meet daily timelines which ensures the smooth running of the radio stations. The role works closely with the Station Office Manager and involves general office administration work in addition to the traffic work responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Producing, reconciling, and posting the daily commercial programming log.
- Scheduling and finalize commercial copy and merge in traffic system.
- Maintaining and distributing daily traffic reports and sales activity.
- Work closely with the sales department / creative to ensure effective communications.
- High degree of flexibility and the ability to work with constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Interact directly with radio production department to continuously deliver pending production; ensure all daily production is completed each close of day.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, and make the information accessible for non–specialist colleagues.
- Gain an understanding of the radio sales process.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Self–motivation and adaptability.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet deadlines.
- Determination, diplomacy, and good interpersonal skills.
- Able to learn the law, ethics and industry regulations as they affect radio advertising.
- IT skills – adequate general computer operation abilities.
- Ability to learn and use relevant in house traffic management software.
Resumes are to be dropped into reception - 3SH/MIXXFM 77 McCallum Street Swan Hill
Applications close Friday 6th September 2019